The Quadrantid meteor shower peaks in the early morning of January 4, 2017. During this brief but occasionally intense meteor shower Slooh will present a live broadcast in conjunction with multiple partner sites. During this live show, we present wide-angle views of the night sky as we watch for Quadrantid meteors. Slooh astronomers will also discuss:
- How the Quadrantid meteor shower got its unusual name
- How many meteors are visible per hour near the peak of the shower
- How the Quadrantids compare with the other big meteor showers of 2017
- Why this meteor shower is so brief compared to other such events
- What we know (and do not know) about what causes the Quadrantids
Mark your calendars to join Slooh to see the Quadrantids, the first major meteor shower of 2017.
Image: William Prost